I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Leaves, leaves and more leaves!

So, this past weekend we worked in the yard a bit--not one of my favorite things. Mark, Mary (mother-in-law) and I raked all the several thousands of leaves that have fallen from our ONE, yes one, tree in our front yard. While Lyla was taking her nap we worked as hard as we could to get as much done before she woke. Well, as we were working on our last 3 huge piles of leaves, Mark thought I should wake her to let her play in the leaves before we raked the rest of them up. Great idea!!!! She had a blast and, I have to admit, so did we. Take a look for yourself...
"WOW"

"Where daddy go", says Lyla!






We really had so much fun together...and that's wshat it's all about, folks!! Mark and I have realized, over the last year, how precious our time with Lyla truly is. How, in the blink of an eye she will be grown and on her own raising her own children (Lord willing). We have also realized what is most important in this short time on earth--and that is NOT money, big houses or fancy cars--but the ability to find joy in the saddest and darkest of times. God is so good and am thankful He has blessed me with an amazing husband, child and life! I deserve nothing...to God be the glory!!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment