I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com


Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm gonna soak up the sun - Memorial wknd.

While is have been a while since my last post, I have lots to share. Man, a lot can happen in 3 wks. NO JOKE! Lets see, where to begin - mind you, this all happened over the last couple wks...(take a deep breath in)... went to Kings Island and had BLAST, nasty sinus infection started, sick baby and tried to take her to the dr, car accident (not my fault) on my way to the dr appointment, rescheduled dr appt for later in the afternoon, went back to dr that afternoon to find I missed the appt...again, went back to work, got hit with a huge financial blow, sinus infection gets worse, worked out, packed to go camping for Memorial day wknd, went to the dr myself due to feeling like crap, find out I have a terrible sinus infection AND bronchitis, went camping and had so much fun (highlights from the trip later), sinus infection continues to get worse, go to work and can't seem to get caught up, find out I lost 2 lbs (woohoo), driving a rental Ford Fusion and... I guess that pretty much brings you up to speed. It kinda reminds me of the movie, A Series of Unfortunate Events? :)

So, here are several highlights from our big Memorial day camping weekend. We had a blast. If you notice...Lyla has NO diaper on in the picture. Yes, that's right, we attempted potty training this particular weekend. That only lasted about 2 days, as she didn't go pee-pee in the potty even one time. Arg. It was very discouraging. I figured it was my fault - I mean, I try to potty train on a weekend we are away from home, outside the majority of the time and where there is way too much to distract Lyla from pottying on the "big girl potty." We are gonna try again, at home, in another few weeks. I know she it ready!! :)

This is one of my very favorite pictures of Lyler...such a cutie-pie!

Lyla was helping Mamaw - with baby in tow - water the lawn at the camper. I love her little belly popping out in this one. hehe

Okay, the funny thing about the pic is her hand. She rested her hand on her face on her hand while we were taking a golf cart ride and she just ended up falling asleep like that. haha. All weekend, anytime we needed to put Lyla down for a nap or bedtime we just took her for a little ride on the cart...instant sleepiness!



COUSINS!!! Lyla had such a blast playing her her cousins. From left to right: Noah, Lyler, Landon and Ty-Ty (not very happy as you can see). This was a big fiasco trying to get them all to smile and look the same direction at the exact same time. Mary actually had to bribe Noah with an ice cream to get him to smile - little booger - but it worked!

Okay, so this is the portrait of the weekend. I swear, this child wanted nothing to do with her mommy, it was all about daddy! What? I mean, really - I nursed her for 13 months, birthed her and changed the majority of every poopy diaper on her little behind and I'm getting the shaft. Don't get me wrong, I love that she loves her daddy, but she literally wants NOTHING to do with me right now! :( Where is the middle ground in the scenario?

Big boy, Ty-Ty. isn't this pic absolutely priceless?! Love this little guy!


This picture makes me smile...Lyla's packin! There were many a water-gun fights that weekend. Good times.

Okay, there is a story behind this. Well, Paul Hobbs (friend at the camper) brought this log to the camper and names it the "thinking log." It's meant to be work as the time-out spot...as Landon and so nicley portraying at the moment. He really was in trouble, we just had to document it since Hobbs wasn't there to see. :) I have a feeling Lyla will be visiting the "thinking log" a time or two before the summer is over. Then again, maybe not! ;)




Here is Uncle Nick and Lyla taking a little ride on the golf cart.


And our fun-filled Memorial Day weekend comes to an end. We really had a nice time...just spending time with Mark and Lyla and not really having an agenda and that is always a good thing!
On the horizon, a trip to Virginia to see the Parker's (can't wait for that), a weekend away with my husband to the Weekend to Remember Conference (hopefully), more little camping trips, running my first 5k, and taking Lyla to Disney in the next 6 months...CAN"T WAIT FOR THAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment