I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let not your heart be troubled...

Well, my heart has been so heavy recently! I have never experienced a "troubled" heart like this before. I have recently be informed that my step-mom's nephew has been diagnosed with stage 4 small-cell cancer. His name is John and he is only 27 years old, a newlywed, Purdue Grad less then 2 years ago. Maybe that's why I am so upset, he is my age and in a pretty similar place in life. I just can't imagine what he's possibly going through right now, he or his new bride. I am pleading with anybody who actually reads this blog, please join me in prayer for this young soul. Pray he gets the strength he needs from Christ, pray a miracle for his young sick body, pray he fights with everything he has in him, pray he never forgets to smile or what it feels like to laugh (laughter can cure the spirit and the soul) and pray that someone would cross his path who can tell him about Jesus' love and share the gospel with him! We will pray together. Thanks.

On another note, several months ago I took a vow to not listen to secular music for a month, well the first month came and gone and now it's been several months and I have no desire to listen to any other station, other then the oldies. ;) Now as I listen to K Love in my car, there are some many times I get blessed either by hearing a song, listening to an encouraging story from a listener or just by hearing what God is trying to tell me by listening to that station. Anyway, I was listening one day, feeling lost and in a "Pit" (as Beth Moore would call it) and then I heard a new song by a singer I had never heard of, Meredith Andrews. I immediately started crying when I was listening to the words and heard the Lord say in His always still and calm voice, "I am always with you!" I think this song depicts exactly how I was feeling at the particular moment and also how to help me at the same time. Please read the words to the song. You will love it, I PROMISE!

I’m staring at these empty walls
Wondering when You’ll visit me again
When will You come?
If there is anything at all
Coming in between our love
Please show me, ‘cuz I am barely hanging on

Can anybody hear me?
The silence is deafening
Why do You feel so far away?
When I know You’re here with me
But I just need faith to see
Nothing can separate me from Your love

Believing what I can’t see
Has never come naturally to me
And I’ve got questions
But I am certain of a Love
Strong enough to hold me when I’m doubting You’ll never let go of my hand

I will trust in You, even in the moments I can’t find you, and I will hold on to Your promises of love You’ve never failed before

I know You can hear me
When the silence is deafening
Even though You seem far away
And I know You’re here with me
But I just need faith to see
Nothing can separate me from Your love


The part of this song that always stands out to me, and now makes me think of John, is "Strong enough to hold me when I’m doubting You’ll never let go of my hand!" Honestly, even if you have doubt, God is always there with you, to comfort and love you, not to harm you...even if your are stricken with cancer. I pray John will see the light of Jesus through someone and walk to it! It takes a strong person not to give up. If I ever got news like the news John has received, I pray the Lord would give me that strength, as I know He is the only one that would be able to provide it!

Thanks for listening...and praying with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment