Now, that doesn't sound too bad, right? Well, when we first looked at the home, WOW! ...was it dated. An 87yr old women lived here for 30+ yrs and I swear it still had the original carpet and paint from when she moved in. HA! Mark and I both saw the potential of this house and we acted very fast. God was in the midst of this entire process...really! This is the exact house we had been looking for and in the exact area we wanted to live in. Plus, to make it even better, my sister lives one street from us! How awesome is that?! Only the work of the Lord could have made all that possible! God is so good!
As I said earlier, we have made a lot of improvements (updates) to the house - with lots more to come! Right now I am only going to post a couple pics of the outside of the house, then I will post some before and after shots to show you all the updates we have made thus far.
This is a pic of the house the day before we moved in
This is the most recent picture of the house...taken just this week. (Note: we have been doing a ton of yard work)
This is a shot from the side of our house
Now, don't judge! As I said in the title of this blog, this is a work in progress. Sadly, I have never done yard work, and man it shows. I am learning so much and am actually enjoying planting flowers and pulling weeds. Who knew? And apparently I lucked-out, because this 87yr old women planted ALL sorts of flowers and my outside smells like and flower garden. I can't wait to see what blooms in the weeks to come. I will post more pictures, once everything is in bloom. :) I will also post some pics of the inside of the house, once I get some good ones. ;) Man, you will die when you see the updates we have made so far...and they weren't even big updates, but they made a huge difference!! I am still waiting for that real feeling of "home," but I have a feeling it's not far off!
No comments:
Post a Comment