Mom, you have shown me so much over the years: how to walk, talk, brush my teeth, ride my bike, do my math homework (yuck!)...etc, just to name a few. But there are also things that you have taught me over the years, that are far different: how to love, respect, honor, apologize, humble myself, be a lady...the list goes on and on. Thank you! I love you more then words could ever express!!
I often times look at Lyla and wonder if I will be as good a mother to her as my mother is to me? Will I discipline her the right way, will I teach her how to use her manners and will she use sed manners even when I'm not around?! Will I get her into good sleep habits, as I still struggle with that myself?! I don't know the answers to any of these questions yet, but one thing I do know is that my mom will be here to help me through it - Lord willing!
Today, I realized just how truly blessed I am to be a mother to a beautiful, healthy, social, special, smart little Lyla Grace. I looked at her so many times today and had huge alligator tears fill my eyes and I would think to myself, "THANK YOU, Lord!" ..For trusting me this the incredible little person! Thank you for choosing me to be her mommy. Thank you for allowing me to have this amazing gift on this very special day! I don't know what my life would be like without her - empty and boring! Often times, Mark and I will look at each other - after Lyla is in bed or if she is away from us for an evening - and say, "man, we are boring, what did we do before Lyla came!" Ha! She really has brought so much laughter an joy into our lives. I finally realize how much my mom loves me! That is an awesome feeling, too. To know that when I look at my daughter, my mom looks at me the very same way! God is sooo good and I praise Him!!
Here are a few highlights from our Mother's Day. We got up and went to church and then off to the farm - we went to visit my mom's side of the family! A day with the girls - what a day!!
The two reason's I get to celebrate on this day, Mark and Lyla Ramsey! Thank YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment