Anywho, since I am slacking on my scrap booking I am at least gonna write about the last year and let you in on everything my daughter has learned - basically brag on her a little...okay, a lot!
I am dedicating this post to my darling 2 year old daughter, Lyla Grace Ramsey! She is the most amazing little person I have every met! She "wow's" us on a daily basis with what she learns or what she can do. :)
While she has been in physically therapy for the last year and half, that hasn't slowed her down any. We all thought she would be a little behind in development because of her challenges at first, boy were we dead wrong! According to our pediatrician and PT, she has exceeded almost every milestone up to this point...except speech and her neck issue! She runs, jumps (pretty high for a youngern), swings, slides down slides all by herself, walks up and down stairs (still with some assistance) and is learning to ride her first tri-cycle (her legs are still a little short to reach the peddles).
As far as her speech goes, according to her speech therapist, Donna, she is definitely trying to talk but she just can't get certain sounds out yet. Some of our favorite words she says are: momma, da-dah, bebe, bees (she love Bee Movie), mumbo (also love Happy Feet), nah-nah, Mimi, Poh-poh, tee-tee (for my sister Katie), dat....just to name a few. Ha! She understands everything we tell her and minds us pretty well, but she just can't say many words yet. That's wear sign language has really come in handy for this little girl. She blows our mind with how quickly she picks up on SL. She will see the sign for something once and know the sign from that point on...no joke! That is her main form of communication for us and we are thankful she does it so well. She can sign the following words without any help or guidance: please and thank you (which I glad to say she uses without direction most of the time), drink, eat, more, hat, car, train, tree, baby, help, boo-boo, broke, shoe, socks, dog, cat, kiss, and flower. I am sure there are a few more, but I can't remember what they are. She also knows most of her main body parts and will point to them when she hears the word or we ask her to - that's cute to me.
Over the last year Lyla has become more aware of things and people around her. She is very social and says "hi" and waves to everyone she sees and loves-on everyone she knows - I love that about her. She plays very well with all her friends at daycare - with a few time-outs - and even sometimes cries when I come to pick her up. :(
she has a very hardy appetite, in fact, I can only think of a few things she doesn't like and won't eat. Seriously, this kid eats everything!!! It is still a huge wonder to me how she is sooo small (hence her nickname, Peanut). I guess she does eat all sorts of fruits and veggies on a daily basis...that could have something to do with it. ;)
Let's see, what else?! Oh, yes...she is an excellent sleeper. Bonus!! She goes down for a nap with no problem and bedtime with no problem, usually. That helps mommy out a bunch! She is not on any specific schedule but we do like her to be in bed by 8:00 or 8:30 thru the week and by 9:00 or 9:30 on the weekends - sometimes works and sometimes doesn't! I know, i know, mother of the year! Her bedtime routine is so cute! We get her jammies on her, brush her teeth (then let her brush her teeth-big girl), let her lay in mommy and daddy's bed (she thinks that's so fun) while myself or Mark will read a book (usually Fancy Nancy) and a bible story. Then Mark and I take her into her room and tell her it's time to put her babies to bed and she always requests "dede" which is blanket, and "bebe" which is baby. We then lay her down while Mark prays for the family and she gives us kisses and we walk out. We just recently started making nighttime a family event...I love it that way!
So my question to you is...how did this itty bitty baby...
...become this adorable ornery 2 year old? What!?
Again, I can't tell you how fast the last 2 years have gone by but I'm sure anyone who has children understands what I mean. It' makes me really sad to think she is getting so big, but excited at the same time. It will be interesting to see how she does with a little baby bro or sis, but we have a while before we have to think about that. ;)
I am so excited and feel truly blessed to be this little girls mommy! God is so unbelievably good! I pray He will continue to bless our family and continue to help me be the mother Lyla needs me to be and the wife my husband needs me to be. I am so undeserving of the things He has allowed me and my family to have and the trust he has put in me...what an honor!
Lord, thank you so much for having so much Faith in me. Thank you for being there when I need you. Thank you for all You do for me and all the love, Mercy and grace you show me on a daily basis! I am truly grateful and give you ALL the glory! Amen!
This message is being sealed with a kiss...Muah!
No comments:
Post a Comment